VMware Cloud Community
allencrawford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

upgrade license server for VC 2.5u3

So, we just upgraded a VirtualCenter server from 2.5u1 to 2.5u3 with no issues at all. However, when upgrading the license server afterward, I ran into a problem. I start the install, it detects that I need to do an upgrade, then the installer starts. It then asks me to point it to the license file I want to use and defaults to the file we're currently using. So I click OK and get the following error:

Invalid license file. Please select a served license file.

The file is definitely valid as a) it is working just fine now and b) I pasted the contents of the file into the VMware license file checker and just got one warning (for some reason it warns me that I have two VirtualCenter mgmt. servers in the license file). I even removed one of the VC licenses to see if that made it happy, but it did not. I also took the VMware-generated text from the checker and pasted that into a new license file and that didn't help either.

Anybody run into this or is no one upgrading their license server? I haven't opened an SR yet, but I likely will next week if I haven't heard much here. I'm not too worried about it yet because we're about to move to a new VC server, but I'm slightly worried that the fresh install of this version of the license server will have problems with our license file.

0 Kudos
0 Replies