VMware Cloud Community
dwilli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

update manager baseline

I want to use update manager to run updates for all my windows VM's. If I select all of the available updates will it only install what is needed on the specific server or do I need to build specific baselines? I am hoping to have 1 main baseline that will push what is needed to all the vm's.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You only need the 1 baseline. Only updates that are required and that fit the OS you are installing to will be installed. The others will show as compliant when you rescan after the remediation is complete.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your post has been moved to the VI: VirtualCenter 2.x forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You only need the 1 baseline. Only updates that are required and that fit the OS you are installing to will be installed. The others will show as compliant when you rescan after the remediation is complete.

-KjB

0 Kudos
dwilli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can the update manager notify me when it has new updates to be put in the baseline?

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The download task runs weekly, by default. If you are using dynamic baseline, the new patches will automatically be included. You will have to run a scan to see if there are new patches to be applied to the hosts to be in compliance with that baseline.

-KjB

0 Kudos