vCenter

View Only
  • 1.  unable to run vdcadmintool windows server 2012 PSC

Posted Mar 31, 2016 12:11 AM

I lost my SSO password

I am following KB 2034608

when I try to run vdcadmintool from elevated command prompt I receive the following windows popup

This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher

when I click close to the prompt I receive a access denied in the elevated command prompt

• 2.  RE: unable to run vdcadmintool windows server 2012 PSC

Posted Mar 31, 2016 06:29 PM

I ran into this as well. It seemed that I started getting that after my PSC broke. I rebooted the server and the vdcadmintool worked for a while and then I received "This app can't run on your PC"

I was able to revert to a snapshot prior to the PSC failing point.

Do you have a single PSC for this SSO domain?

Do you have a backup or snapshot you can leverage for the PSC that is broken?

What I did to quickly correct the issue was to simply build another Windows 2012 Server and make it a PSC and added it to the SSO domain. (requires SSO creds so won't help you) :smileysad:

Once the new PSC was created, I powered down the broken PSC that was causing the issues. (there is a KB for the PSC removal process)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you have another admin account you can login with?

If so, you can navigate to Users and Groups and edit the Administrator account and change the pwd to something else. (I have never had to do this but this option is available for other admin level accounts)