VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

setup new vcenter for horizon view

i am setting up a new vcenter for horizon view. shoudl i setup a new vcenter and point it to the same ps c appliance as the server vcenter or should i setup a new psc and new vcenter but in same sso domain as server vcenter?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If the PSC is external, then I absolutely would point the Horizon VC to it - no reason not to as it would simplify the deployment considerably (plus give you enhanced link mode).

Personally I'd go for your second option and deploy a second PSC and join it to the same SSO domain as your first one. I'd then point your Horizon VC to the new PSC. That will give you a little more resiliency should one of the PSCs ever fail, as you can simply re-point your vcentres to the other. It would be Figure 4 in the following article:

vCenter Server 6 Deployment Topologies and High Availability - VMware vSphere Blog

This is assuming you don't have a decent load-balancer. If you do, I'd introduce a second PSC to the SSO domain as already mentioned, and point all your VC's at a load-balanced address.

tdubb123
Expert
Expert

hi is there any reason t create a new site for the horizon view vcenter?

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unless you have a valid reason for keeping them separate, I can't think of one. It's worth it for enhanced link mode alone.

Edit- misread the post. You could create a new site in the same SSO domain. However, if they are in the same physical location, I probably wouldn't.

0 Kudos