VMware Cloud Community
bhamill
Contributor
Contributor

remove orphaned datastore

So, I had a hardware failure on one of my ESX4.0 hosts, and had to rebuild it. When it died, my VCenter server still listed it as in the cluster but disconnected, andI couldn't remove in from the cluster because it was disconnected, and I couldn't reconnect it 'cause it didn't exist anymore. I followed a nifty little SQL suggestion from http://sosleepy.tv/2010/02/19/remove-an-vmware-esx-4-host-from-vcenter-by-directly-deleting-the-host... to remove the ESX host from the cluster, but the local datastore from that ESX host is still listed in VCenter's "Datastores" page, and can't be deleted for the same reasons above.

It doesn't really matter, it just bugs me. Does anyone know a way to remove that Datastore- or maybe know enough SQL to tell me how to remove it the way I removed the host?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basheer09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If your ESX server failed with hardware error and its disconnected from VC. Then you should be getting the option to remove it.

If you are not getting option still, try restarting your VC service and removing the host.

You could probably look for vpx_datastore table and vpx_ds_assignment table.

Kindly let me know if this information is useful.

0 Kudos