VMware Cloud Community
helephant
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"vCenter does not support hosts of this type (VMware ESX Server 3i 3.5.0"

Hi people.

I'm having a strange issue with my new vCenter Server Appliance (v5.5). When I try to add ESXi 3.5 hosts I get a message from vCenter saying that this version isn't supported. Adding 5.1 hosts is no problem. The release notes for vCenter 5.0 say that 3.5 hosts are supported in vCenter 5.0 (note I'm running the vCSA 5.5 though). Any clues? Also, check the attached images.

Regards,
Emil D.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, vCenter 5.5 does not support ESXi 3.5.

You can verify this in the interoperability-guide here: VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, vCenter 5.5 does not support ESXi 3.5.

You can verify this in the interoperability-guide here: VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
helephant
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah, snap. I'll have to create a separate vCenter server for the 3.5 hosts then. Is there a vCSA for version 5.0 U3 or older? Found it but the problem is I don't have access to that...

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos