VMware Cloud Community
COSTEELE
Contributor
Contributor

"The installation of vCenter Server failed due to an internal error." 1603

Good Day.  I am building my first vCenter server and having an issue.

Here is the description of the environment

Hyper-V machine running Windows Server 2019 patched to the latest updates

the OS is on the C: and there is a 250GB d: drive

The VM has 8 procs and 16384 memory I intend to run less than 10 hosts and less than 100 VM's

I want to keep the DB local.

I am installing 6.7.2 for a specific application that needs this version. 

I have looked at the errors related to 1603 and am not sure where I need to begin.  I am new to vmware and followed the online guides.  

Please let me know if this is the right forum to post this question.

I have pasted the logs from the installation.  

If someone can just maybe let me know how to read the logs and which ones are important.

And as a side note I attempted to install to both the C: default directories and to the D:drive in case I needed more space for the DB.

I got the same error, this is the screen after the error:

COSTEELE_0-1683752883646.png

Thanks inadvance for the assistance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vipero
Contributor
Contributor

Why are you deploying VCSA on a Windows OS? Just install the VCSA appliance and you will be done.

0 Kudos
degvm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, please confirm you are using the latest 6.7 https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VC67U3S&productId=742&rPId=104417

I am not aware of a vCenter 6.7.2. Download your ISO for Windows installaton and confirm the download is not manipulated. Use the SHA256 hash to verify integrity of VMware-VIM-all-6.7.0-20540798.iso

SHA256SUM:101de8e15dc9bf4d71ad35235912e95b6848f385370aec26b6454f9a205289b8

use powershell to check :   get-filehash .\VMware-VIM-all-6.7.0-20540798.iso -Algorithm SHA256    and compare the output to the sha256sum.

Perhaps disable your virusscanner during installation, it might catch the jar-files.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I have similar question: hy you try to install the vCenter on Hyper-V system when its needed for managing vSphere (ESXi) hosts from VMware?

When you have this hosts then you should directly install the VCSA from the ISO which install you all needed as a VM on the vmware hosts.

You need only take a look on some settings like FQDN, NTP and so that all you have correct and working before you try to install it while they the installation fails.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
vipero
Contributor
Contributor

For the sake of a roach, why are you using windows anything. Use the VCSA and I would suggest to used the latest 7.x or ver. 8.

0 Kudos
markey165
Expert
Expert

As others have mentioned, I highly recommend you ditch the Windows version, and use the Linux based VCSA appliance instead, it has a self contained PostgreSQL database (so no separate database to manage), and its MUCH easier to install and maintain.

Follow the guide here, its really easy to install, certainly less messing about that than the Windows version (which is now deprecated)

https://masteringvmware.com/how-to-install-vcsa-6-7-step-by-step/

Finally see the builds page below (for both Windows and Appliance versions of vCenter), There is no 6.7.2 version however as was mentioned. Maybe you meant 6.7 Update 2?

Official vCenter builds page - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2143838

HTH