VMware Cloud Community
GeneNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Root node status is invalid,but children are not = YELLOW state" Causing host disconnects?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has seen the following error in their vpxd.log for vCenter Server 4 U1. Every few days, I'm experiencing a ESX host disconnects (ranging from 1 to 7 hosts at the same time), which lasts about 5 seconds, and subsequent to those 5 seconds, all the ESX hosts reconnect and everything appears to run smoothly until the next round of disconnects.

I check the vpxd.log, since I assume its a problem with vCenter (given its extremely unlikely that all 7 ESX hosts fail at the same exact second). At the time of disconnect, the following message occurs:

GetSpareVmInfoInt: Required spare slots (78) > available slots (57)^M

Root node status is invalid,but children are not = YELLOW state^M

Status for node Resources mo-id vim.ResourcePool:resgroup-36 is yellow ^M

Enter DAS_PROFILE UpdateDasStatus^M

Bad primary esx-epsilon: connected=0, dasState=running, vpxaDasState=running^M

Bad primary esx-eta: connected=0, dasState=running, vpxaDasState=running^M

Bad primary esx-zeta: connected=0, dasState=running, vpxaDasState=running^M

More specifically, the "Root node status is invalid,but children are not = YELLOW state" occurs. Does anyone have any clue what this means? I have opened a SR with VMware, but would like to see if anyone in the community has any clue.

vCenter is running on Win 2008 Standard and is fully patched. There is no other software installed on this host. It also cannot be hardware/network related as VIClients maintain connectivity through the host disconnects, and all diagnostics show green. Hosts are running vSphere 4 U1, fully patched to the latest patch level.

0 Kudos
0 Replies