VMware Cloud Community
tim5700
Contributor
Contributor

"Host has no management network redundancy"

I am doing a rollout of vSphere in my environment. In vCenter I have a HA/DRS cluster set up with three ESX 4.0 hosts. At the cluster level, I have configuration issues in the summary tab.

The warnings state that "Host x.x.x.x currently has no management network redundancy." I have this for two of my hosts, the third is OK (although they are configured the same.) I have two NIC assigned to the vswitch/port group. I have tried adding another vswitch and port group on a different vmnic and physical switch, no luck.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

The error indicate you do not have redundancy for service console port, so you need to create additional SC port with any vNIC available and that should be clear up.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This is a warning to indicate that the service console has no network redundancy. HA will function properly even with this warning :smileygrin:

-Sandeep

0 Kudos