VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

"Cannot synchronize host" error after mgmt network change

Hi. I have ESXi and vCenter 6.7 with standard vSwitches. I'm having what I suspect is a certificate issue since making the changes below.

I've added a vswitch with new 10g nics to each of my ESXi hosts. The new nics are connected to new switches for better redundancy in our hosted datacenter. I set up new port groups and moved my VMs to the switch a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems.

Today, I added a vmkernel and enabled the management service on it. I put the host in maint mode, removed from the cluster and readded using the new IP from the new vmkernel. That all seemed to work, but I see these problems:

- I can't connect directly to the host using the new IP address. I can connect with the old IP, but I'm getting the cert warning.

- The vcenter console shows "Cannot synchronize host <ip address>"

Is there an easy fix for this? Thanks. I'm waiting to change the other hosts in case there's a step I need to perform along the way.

ETA: Forgot to say that I have not registered the new IP with dns yet, but I joined using the IP and I'm using the IP to connect to the web client.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

After registering the new IP in DNS and restarting the mgmt network on the host, the sync error has gone away. Proceeding with the other hosts.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos