VMware Cloud Community
sh4yne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

public key error trying to Import Customization Specifications

Hello, I am trying to export Customization specs from my 4.0 installation of vCenter and import them to my 4.1 vCenter. When I try the import into vCenter 4.1, I get this "Cannot decrypt password" error:

"The public key in the specification, does not match the vCenter public key. Click OK to open the Customization Specification Wizard, reenter the password and continue the import."

I can reenter the password and continue the import with no problems, but I don't own all of the Customization specs and don't know all the passwords.

We will certainly appreciate it if someone can please help me correct whatever issue I have with this vCenter public key?

Thanks in advance!

Shayne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I can reenter the password and continue the import with no problems, but I don't own all of the Customization specs and don't know all the passwords.

find someone who does, or create new customization specs. Because the passwords are encrypted in the Customization spec, when you export out of one environment and into another, you have to update the administrator password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

find someone who does, or create new customization specs. Because the passwords are encrypted in the Customization spec, when you export out of one environment and into another, you have to update the administrator password.

0 Kudos
sh4yne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, Troy. I thought that may be the case.

Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos