VMware Cloud Community
saravana_k_r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

powering on a virtual machine

When i try to power on a virtual machine using virtual center it gives an error . I have attached the error as a picture. It is asking for longmode as "longmode required" what is this "long mode". But i am able to power on the machine using VI client. Why is this virtual machine not powering on in virtual center

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

longmode is 64-bit. Is this a 64-bit bit VM? What kind of OS is it? Do you have paravirtualization enabled? If so, turn it off.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wgardiner
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Are you running a DRS cluster in partially or fully automatic mode? Is it trying to power on the guest on a difrerent ESX host?

saravana_k_r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have only one ESX server in that cluster. I have disabled both HA and DRS in this Virtual Center. Does Virtual Center gets affected by viruses because i am also not able to clone the VM on the same ESX server?

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

longmode is 64-bit. Is this a 64-bit bit VM? What kind of OS is it? Do you have paravirtualization enabled? If so, turn it off.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
saravana_k_r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes. The VM is 64 bit VM. I have already disabled paravirtualiztion but still i could not power on the VM using virtual Center. What may be the problem?

0 Kudos
saravana_k_r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

now the virtual machine is powering on thanks for everybody s help

0 Kudos
dark76000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a same problem. How did you resolve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos