VMware Cloud Community
JJ_Cain
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

performance overview connection refused

If using a remote connection (vClient) to vCenter server, why does my proxy think the information is coming from localhost (127.0.0.1) and blocks the pretty graphs from appearing? In other words, what is going on behind the scenes when I hit the performance overview 'button' in vClient on my desktop? (see error message below)

The Page cannot be displayed - The Web server refused the connection.

Error Code 10061: Connection refused

Background: The server you are attempting to access has refused the connection with the gateway. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the server.

DATE: 9/9/2009

Server: ISA039

Source:Remote server

======== VCP4, VCP5
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BigHug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think for some reasons VI client try to access 127.0.0.1 but it gets send to proxy. It seems to use IE proxy setting. If you use manual proxy setting, you can try to bypass 127.0.0.1. If you use auto detect setting, you will need to bypass from the isa server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hansenc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, there is one other thread open about this that I found so far.

We are also running ISA (well TMG but same stuff)

hansenc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bump for some exposure. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
BigHug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think for some reasons VI client try to access 127.0.0.1 but it gets send to proxy. It seems to use IE proxy setting. If you use manual proxy setting, you can try to bypass 127.0.0.1. If you use auto detect setting, you will need to bypass from the isa server.

0 Kudos
hansenc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well that seems to have worked, i added a bypass for both localhost and 127.0.0.1 to my "Internal Network" Network.

Not sure if this will effect anything else but I dont think it will. Will keep an eye on it and report back.