VMware Cloud Community
edwardob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

performance data not there

Hello all,

Got a weird issue about capturing performance data.

I am using vc2.5 with sql 2005 full.

My performance metrics do not go beyond 24 hours.

If you look at chart options and try to choose anything except the past day, it has no data available.

This vc host has been up for over a year.

Any one see this? It seems like some kind of setting but I cannot seem to locate one.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blp848
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have seen this, the data that you are seeing is the perf data that is stored on the local host not in the DB. I suggest that you check the performacne stat roll up jobs and make sure they are running in the DB. If they haven't run i a very long time and you have a large number of Hosts and VM's your going to in trouble. It could take hours or days to run the roll ups. You may find that truncating the affected tables and just getting the jobs to run from now to be your only option. Here is a KB that explains how to fix the jobs:

KB:1004382

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1004382&sl...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
blp848
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have seen this, the data that you are seeing is the perf data that is stored on the local host not in the DB. I suggest that you check the performacne stat roll up jobs and make sure they are running in the DB. If they haven't run i a very long time and you have a large number of Hosts and VM's your going to in trouble. It could take hours or days to run the roll ups. You may find that truncating the affected tables and just getting the jobs to run from now to be your only option. Here is a KB that explains how to fix the jobs:

KB:1004382

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1004382&sl...

0 Kudos
edwardob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you, about 5 minutes after I posted this I found those jobs and they have never run successfully, but your article was perfect on how to recreate them.

Thank you.

I am going to bite the bullet and let it run, the client actually wants this data.

0 Kudos