VMware Cloud Community
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

migrating from old vc to new vc

We recenlty built a VC 2.x license/VC server

I added 2 servers from my old 1.4.x server to the new VC2.0.x server and tried to vmotion I get this error.

"Unable to migrate from xxxxx to xxxxxx Currently connected network interface 'NIC 1' uses network 'CorpNet', which is configured for different offload or security policies on the destination host than on the source host."

These 2 VM's had no issue using vmotion with the 1.4.x VC.

I am running 2.5.x on both VM's.

I thought the new VC2.x was backwards comaptible. Is this true.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
boydd
Champion
Champion

VC 2.x should be able to do this for you. Quickly verify that the vmotion vswitches are correct.

DB

DB
0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

The switches are ok. They are on different outbound adapters.

This setup worked fine in the old VC 1.4.x

All I did was remove from the VC 1.4.x to VC 2.0.x

0 Kudos
waynegrow
Expert
Expert

Sounds like the security set on the vSwitch on each server is different. Maybe look to see if settings under the Security tab are different.

0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

Is this something that is set on VC 2.0.x???

I don't see a security setting for the current switch.

0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

My current ESX security setting is "Medium"

These servers worked with VMOTION before I moved to VC 2.0.x

0 Kudos
waynegrow
Expert
Expert

In the VI Client highligt the ESX server and go to the Configuration Tab. Click on Networking and go to the Prperties of the vSwitch. Under the Ports Tab, Edit the proprties of the vSwitch. You will see the Security tab.

0 Kudos
KNardi
Contributor
Contributor

Uh....I don't have a configuration tab?

0 Kudos
encode
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same issue. There is no configuration tab, since these are ESX 2.5.x hosts, and the configuration tab is only present for VI 3.

0 Kudos
itsfja
Contributor
Contributor

We are also receiving the same message. There is wide variation as to which hosts will not be allowed to be moved to although they are consistent per guest. Also the message can come up as either warning or error, again consistent per guest.

Regards,

Francis.

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

I am seeing the same behavior after i upgrade to vc 2.01 patch 2. Any solution to it yet?

/Lars

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos