VMware Cloud Community
chh_sys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

locked myself out of a folder - How can I remove permissions from folders

Hi,

trying something stupid I managed to lock myself out of a folder with some virutal machines, I removed access for basically everyone for that folder.

I can see the VMs in general view and access them but I do not see the folder and cannot change permissions for the VM.

How can I remove the permissions for the folder or make the VMs visible again to move them to another folder?

Thanks

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you know the local administrator login of Windows machine - you can log in with that to get administrator access becuase by default the local administrators group is given administrator access to the environment - unless your removed that as well -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
demz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The VC permissions are stored in the VC DB.

Try to find and delete your mistake

You can find VC DB table description here :

http://vmware-land.com/Vmware_Tips.html#VC6

weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you know the local administrator login of Windows machine - you can log in with that to get administrator access becuase by default the local administrators group is given administrator access to the environment - unless your removed that as well -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
chh_sys
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks to you both.

Tried weinstein5's tip first and it worked (I removed the local admin, as this password might be known to more users, but I could add him back in as domain-admin).

I guess demz tip should work as well but is more complicated.

Thanks again

0 Kudos