VMware Cloud Community
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

inaccurate health status in VirtualCenter

I just added a couple of IBM 3950M2's to VirtualCenter and there health status shows up as critical. It has an alarm on Storage > Battery on Controller 0 (Health Status Not Good) with a Reading of Battery Status : Fully Charged. This seems to be inaccurate as both of them have the same alarm and secondly the Remote Supervisor Adapter in the machine does not identify anything as being wrong. I updated all firmware to the latest release levels but nothing changed. Has anybody experienced any inaccurate alarms in Health Status and is there anyway to silence certain alarms?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

There should be a reset sensors link at the top right section of the health status window. Try selecting that. VC alarms are not the most robust, so you can't disable an alarm on a child level, when the alarm was created at the parent or higher level in the inventory tree.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Already tried to reset the sensors and it didn't work. I'm opening a case with VMware. I'll update this thread if I get any news.

0 Kudos
idet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have the same issue here.

Did you get any answer from VMware already?

Regards

tide

0 Kudos
RUG201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What fixed it for me was to disconnect the host from VirtualCenter and to add it back in. Once it added itself back in the Health status was there. I tried that because of some other users posting on another virtualization web site.

0 Kudos