VMware Cloud Community
SimonGreaves
Contributor
Contributor

iSCSI Target & LUN details missing after reboot

Hi

When the Hosts and Openfiler SAN was rebooted recently the datastores on this SAN failed to reappear. I tried refreshing storage adapter in vCenter which didn't work, I tried scanning the adapter again which didn't work. The only way I could get it to work was to remove the Dynamic target and the static targets and reattached the iSCSI target to the SAN.

Does anyone know of a way to automatically start the Openfiler SAN LUN's prior to vCenter conecting the iSCSI targets again, or a way to delay the time it takes for vCenter to re-attach the iSCSI targets to the SAN so that I don't have to manually attach the targets in future.

Or does anyone have any better ideas on how to solve this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimPhillips
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was using OpenFiler for long time. Based on my experience I can say that best option to fix troubles with it - throw it away.

0 Kudos
SimonGreaves
Contributor
Contributor

Can you elaborate on the issues you had.

Would you recommend another virtual SAN?

We are looking at lefthand. Have you had any experience or issues with this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
TimPhillips
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hadn`t work a lot with LeftHand, but from all I know can say that it`s good. Most of time I`ve worked with Datacore and StarWind. The reason of this - as for me LeftHand is too expensive, while datacore is too complicated for me. Now I`m closely look at StarWind, for now works not bad.