VMware Cloud Community
Masl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to display more events/tasks?

Hello,

is there any chance to display more tasks/events in vCenter Server?

Even if I chose to display only host events then oldest event/task is hardly 24h old...

Thank you and best regards,

Masl

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JorgeNCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey man!

I just Googled this because I also want to apply it, and your post came out on the first result.

I found a solution. Please check: http://xtravirt.com/need-more-vcenter-tasks-and-events

Cheers!

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JorgeNCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey man!

I just Googled this because I also want to apply it, and your post came out on the first result.

I found a solution. Please check: http://xtravirt.com/need-more-vcenter-tasks-and-events

Cheers!

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Edit settings on the client, select the lists tab.

select the page size (number of rows you want).  I think the default is 100.  Not sure how big you want it.. I have set it to 2000 and it still worked..

JorgeNCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Exactly!

Only that it works up to 1000 (in 4.0 U1 at least).

The default is 100 as you well said.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I understand limits.. but it would be nice to see an archive for the ENTIRE list (may be a need to reference from time to time..).

if there are things going on, like a maintenance for a server, it's 2 per entry, one for the migration, and one for the message, if you have 200 VM's that is half the log right there.. It would be nice to maybe extend this list

0 Kudos
JorgeNCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I TOTALLY agree.

0 Kudos
Masl
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome guys....I was looking an the complete wrong side, not seeing the obvious.

Thanks a lot for yout posts!

Have a good one and best regards

Masl

0 Kudos