VMware Cloud Community
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to disable the management network redundancy alarm

hi

Could please tell me how to disable the management network redundancy alarm.

regards

surya

if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Add the following parameter and set to true in the HA advanced options:

das.ignoreRedundantNetWarning

Once done do a reconfigure for HA on the ESX Servers and it will not display the warning.

One thing to note is that this is not advised to set this setting. To properly resolve the issue so that the warning is not displayed, add a second NIC to the console vSwitch, or a second management network.

Cheers,

/Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Add the following parameter and set to true in the HA advanced options:

Once done do a reconfigure for HA on the ESX Servers and it will not display the warning.

One thing to note is that this is not advised to set this setting. To properly resolve the issue so that the warning is not displayed, add a second NIC to the console vSwitch, or a second management network.

Cheers,

/Jonathan

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

While helpful in most cases, these type of warnings do not always reflect the true reality of the hardware/software configurations, but more of a perspective, from the view of the ESX server. In my case, I use redundant connections in hardware to abstract the "NIC" presented to the ESX host. So, the actual "NIC" that the ESX server sees, is actually backed by 4-6 redundant connections to the network. So, while ESX thinks it is not redundant, it most certainly is. It is good that VMware made the switch available to remove that warning, as I would hate to have to explain over and over again why my configuration is not redundant, when it most certainly is.

Not to diminsh or take away from the fact that the configuration should be redundant.

-KjB

VMware vExpert

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

What is the value for this one. Do we need put zero.

regards

Surya

if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
itagsurya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

i have put the True. its working fine. thx very much

Regards

Surya

0 Kudos
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You are correct. The value should be set to true.

Cheers,

/Jonathan

0 Kudos