VMware Cloud Community
fabasso
Contributor
Contributor

hosts disconnects

Hi everybody, i have a problem!

I'm connecting an esx host to my virtual center.

I must say that I have a firewall between hosts and VC and that I'm sure that the following ports are open:

virtual center --> Host tcp 902

Host --> Virtual Center tcp =>2700

I'm also sure to have enought licences (inquiring licence server that resides on the same server of Virtual Center).

So, I connect the host, using VC gui i give the path for license server (correctly resolved), it brings on-line BUT, after about 1 minute the hosts disconnects going in 'not respondig' status.

The question:

what's happen???? Do I need some other opened ports?

every suggestions is good for me!

thanks,

Fabio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avarcher
Commander
Commander

2700 should be 27000 as a start ...

0 Kudos
hickman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you even get a solution to this ? I'm have the same problem.

0 Kudos
kaydo
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having this exact problem. Make sure that you also have udp port 902 opened if you haven't done so already. That is the heartbeat port that VC needs to communicate.

As for me, I've opened every port but still receive the following errors in my /var/log/vmware/vpx/vpxa.log files:

'App' 167164848 error] Failed to bind heartbeat socket

\[2007-03-20 12:07:56.904 'App' 3076440992 error] \[VpxVmdbCnx] Authd error: 514 Error connecting to hostd-vmdb service instance.

\[2007-03-20 12:07:56.904 'App' 3076440992 error] \[VpxVmdbCnx] Failed to connect to host :902. Check that authd is running correctly (lib/connect error 11)

Do you guys have similar errors? I've been working on this for three weeks. If someone knows an answer, please help!

0 Kudos