VMware Cloud Community
vpert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hostprofile - error "Given Services are not installed....."

When I check the compliance I get a message saying that "Given Services are not enabled on the port group <PORTGROUPNAME>".

I then can apply te hostprofile and the ESX is then "Compliant" - until I do the next "Compliance Check" the the same message appears again. During the "Apply" it is displayed that the firewall configuration will be updated.

The ESX Server have the Cisco Nexus 1000V VEM installed.

Anyone a idea where to check which services this could be?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Toddie
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same message when applying a profile to a esx4.1 host, on investigation I found that the Network configuration was incorrect on the port. Once this was changed and a compliance check was rerun the host became complicant.

I hope this helps.

GigiCom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

which incorect configuration did you find, i have the same problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Toddie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry it was several months ago and I can't remember, if you let me know the full error message I should be able to help.

Regards

0 Kudos
Gene_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this same message appear when I tried compliance checking a server that was not in the same resource cluster as where the original host profile baseline was generated.

Stated another way,

I generated a host profile from a server within a resource cluster.  I tried to use this profile on a server that was not in the resource cluster.  I then receive the "Given Services are not installed" error.  Once I moved the target server into the same resource cluster, the server successfully completed the compliance check.

The reason for this is because the variables for the "HA" and "DRS" settings are not created until a host is actually inserted into a resource cluster.  The source server that I used had these variables, the target did not.

Gene

0 Kudos
GigiCom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi this is the Error

on A two Node HA Cluster all Switches are Distributed Switches.

Error.PNG

Thank You for Your Help.

0 Kudos
Toddie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

From memory I think this is the same error I had and it is to do with VMkernel Management Network. In our environment it was the Network Adapters Speed configuration that was not consistant across all host in the cluster. 

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Kopp
Contributor
Contributor

.. in my situation, the checkbox for the kernel port usage was not enabled after applying of host profile...(see pic)

Regards

Kopp

0 Kudos