VMware Cloud Community
AspectRob
Contributor
Contributor

host not responding when esxi server reboots

I have in the lab setup VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-5.5.0.5201-1476389 with 5 esxi hosts..  All the esxi hosts are 5.5.0-1331820.  esxi is setup to netboot stateless with static ips.  We will be using usb keys in production.

Whenever i reboot one esxi server whether it has vms or not, when it comes back vcenter can never connect to it..  it always says "(disconnected)" next to it.  if i right click and select "connect" then it brings up the dialog warning me that any changes will be lost, and then asks for ip, username/password, cluster, etc.. as though it hasn't connected before.  This is fine, but if the host had any vms they are brought back with "(orphaned)" and i have to remove them from inventory and then browser to the data stores and right click to add to inventory.   If i log onto both vcenter and the esxi host, they can ping each other at the correct ips.  They worked 100% before the reboot (for weeks) so its not a network or firewall issue.

This is getting very frustrating..  how do i reboot esxi servers without vcenter going berserk?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies