VMware Cloud Community
aavvalitorontoc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

host inventory in web client keeps disapearing

Hello everyone,

I have an open ticket with PSS about this but while I wait for them to investigate may get an answer here.

The problem is that when I click on a cluster in web client, I am able to see a list of hosts but as soon as I click on a host to manage it, the host disappears. I have to refresh the page from cluster view to get it back. We have done an inventory database reset with no luck. I also tried with different browsers and users and nothing improved.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am running appliance v6 u1b

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagilbertvt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You might first try removing any third party plugins you've installed for vSphere Web Client. I had a similar issue with the NetApp VSC 6.1 plugin.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Fab75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same problem here, Virtual appliance with 6u1b, and hosts disappear from Web Client, and appear updating (randomly?).

Tried to check log files according to article http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2121185,   but I couldn't see any significant error (expecially "DATA CORRUPTION"), so I didn't try Inventory db reset.

vSphere clients is not affected.

Thank you for any hint

0 Kudos
vmEck
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've not seen or heard of this issue occurring. Would you mind sending your SR # to aeckerle at vmware dot com so I can take a look and keep up to date as this progresses (especially since there are two instances of this issue).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
aavvalitorontoc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for helping us. I have done the inventory database reset and closed the ticket since it appeared "resolved" but it came back after a few days. Like mentioned, only applies to web client and only to host objects. I can record a video and share the experience if that helps.

My ticket number was 16865245401

0 Kudos
aavvalitorontoc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did the DB reset and restarted vCenter. It was only good for a day or two before started happening again. I have tried different browsers and different operating systems with no luck.

Seems like the first time you login to web browser it is fine but as soon as you start clicking around the problem comes. So you have to log off/login to get it back. Only happens to host objects and nothing else.

On the positive side, windows client is still there and functional.

0 Kudos
jagilbertvt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You might first try removing any third party plugins you've installed for vSphere Web Client. I had a similar issue with the NetApp VSC 6.1 plugin.

aavvalitorontoc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WOW I do have netapp vsc 6.1

Will remove and report back. Much appreciated

0 Kudos
Fab75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This could be the same situation, customer is using Netapp plugin.

I'll ask them to remove it, let's see if it works.

0 Kudos
aavvalitorontoc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am reporting that after removing NetApp plugin and NetBackup plugin the issue is gone. 24 Hours and has not happened yet.

You deserve a thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Fab75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Customer confirms that removing NetApp plugin has resolved.

Thank you!

0 Kudos