VMware Cloud Community
Jimil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

heyyy....

Can Anyone Explain me What Is Differance Between Vspear And Vcenter...The Basic Consept....And Differance Between Esx And Esxi In Consept...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

vSphere - is the name given to the hypervisor ESXi from verison 4.X

vCenter - is the name given to the virtualized environment to manage from centralized place. where you can manage virtual macine and esx\esxi host.

Differance Between Esx And Esxi In Consept...

Refer the below KB for difference between ESX and ESXi

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015000

Please award points for correct/helpful responses by clicking the tabs Smiley Happy

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

vSphere - is the name given to the hypervisor ESXi from verison 4.X

vCenter - is the name given to the virtualized environment to manage from centralized place. where you can manage virtual macine and esx\esxi host.

Differance Between Esx And Esxi In Consept...

Refer the below KB for difference between ESX and ESXi

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015000

Please award points for correct/helpful responses by clicking the tabs Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jimil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Darshan Can U Explain Me More About This Becos I m New For it...Like Prectical Work Differance Of Esx And Esxi... Becos I Havn't Got The Real Differance.....And Ya Thanx For Help....

0 Kudos
farkasharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Dont worry about the difference between ESX and ESXi. This was only for versions up to 4. From version 5, there is only ESXi remaining!
The different products can be used together and has very few functional differences. The biggest difference was, that ESX has a service console and ESXi hasnt. Just simply download vSphere 5 and vCenter, configure them and play around until your eval ends! Smiley Wink

*** If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful! *** vExpert 2019, VCAP-DCA,VCP,MCSE,MCITS and some more...
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Jimil.. As mentioned in the pervious post from vsphere 5 there is no ESX and its only ESXi from now on..BUt still its good know the difference for awareness.

Basic differences are as said in ESX services console is there is is Linux based one and in ESXi there is no services console.

Also ESX all the operation are carried out to VMkernel via services console because vpxa is installed in services consle.

But in ESXI there vpxa is directly on vmkernel, so the performance is much improved as it talks directly to vmkernel.

Refer the below link to detailed explaination.

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/esxi-and-esx/compare.html

Also refer the link given for feature difference between esx and esxi..

Jimil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Thanx This is The Easiest Way To Understand....And Ya I Already Set Up Vcenter And Esxi And vsphere.....Its Works Perfactly Bt At One Position Is Stuck When I Open Console To Install Virtual Machine Its not Working Properly So Is IT Just Becos The Less Ram of My Lapi...And I Had Macbook So....May Be there Prob Of Hardware Support of Mac.....?And Also Send Me Your Mail Id So I Will Keep In Touch....Thanx.....

0 Kudos
Jimil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Thanx For Easiest Way For Understand...I Impliment All The Virtulization Products.....Vsphere ,Vcenter And Esxi...Bt When I m Going To install Virtual Pc By Console It Stucks....Os is Nt gonnaa be install in That Is There Any Prob Just becos i Used Windows in Mac?means Hardware Support?

0 Kudos