vCenter

View Only

help removing a custom action script

• 1.  help removing a custom action script

Posted Aug 09, 2018 11:18 AM

I have inherited a vCenter 5.5 server running on Windows 2008R2.  My predecessor installed some kind of a script, I either powershell or maybe perl, that allows it to communicate with our support ticketing system, such that a ticket is opened automatically any time there is an alarm on the system.  The problem is the script wasn't finished, so we get tickets on *any* change of alarm state, including green and grey alarms which really don't warrant any action.  Needless to say our callout people are getting more than a little tired of this thing paging them at all hours of day and night.  I have looked through the alarm definitions and there are no actions to run a script attached to any of them, yet it is creating tickets for all of them.  I can't even find where the script file lives on the server.

Can anyone suggest how he might have done this, and how I can remove it?  It doesn't seem to be polled, it's definitely event-driven.  An example of the information it sends follows.  Thanks very much.

Metric:
    alarm.HealthStatusChangedAlarm - Event: Status change (9943329) Summary:
    [FQDN of server] (vCenter) status changed from red to green
    Date: 09/08/2018 03:48:55 User name: Health Service Arguments: componentId =
    E871136A-6708-4DE3-8E8B-6E4E560A93D2 componentName =
    [FQDN of server] (vCenter) newStatus = green oldStatus = red |
    NewStatus: Gray | ObjectName: Datacenters | ObjectType: other | OldStatus: Gray