VMware Cloud Community
obriensl
Contributor
Contributor

esx host not reporting correct vm status to vcenter server

I have 1 vcenter 2.0.2 server, managing 5 esx 3.0.2 hosts. starting today, any requested action on a virtual machine on just one of the hosts is getting timeout errors (power on/off, edit, etc). If I go direct to that esx host using the VI client, I see that it actually did perform the power on/off, but using VI client attached to the vcenter server host does not show it correctly. I'm not even sure what to check at this point. Does anyone know what I can do to clear out that one host to vcenter?

THanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

FYI: this thread has been moved to the VI: VirtualCenter 2.x forum.

Oliver Reeh[/i]

[VMware Communities User Moderator|http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-2444][/i]

0 Kudos
aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You may want to look at restarting the VirtualCenter Server service on your Virtual Center. I think this is a known bug.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If it is only a single host that this is occurring to I would try restarting the vmware-mgmt service on that host - the command is service vmware-mgmt restart - on an ealier version of ESX this could cause restart of all your VMs but if you are running Update 1 you will be fine -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos