Michael_Michae1
Contributor
Contributor

error window appears when I open vSphere Client

I'm using vCenter Server 4 and ESX host 3.5 . I found an error window of "object referrence not set to an instance of an object" (attached a picture).

I have tried to restart main services both in esx host and vc server , and useless .

what error is it ? how to resolve this ?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Try to disable VUM plugin and restart VUM service.

Then close and reopen again vSphere Client and see if you have the same error.

Andre

Andre | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
beyondvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you install vSphere from scratch or upgrade from a previous version of VirtualCenter?

---

If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

www.beyondvm.com

--- If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! www.beyondvm.com
0 Kudos
Michael_Michae1
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade from VC server 2.5 U3

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Remove all old plugin from your client and reinstall them with the new version.

Andre

Andre | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
Michael_Michae1
Contributor
Contributor

the same error happens

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please disable the old plug-ins (VUM, CE) and un-install them.

Then login to VI Client again.

Thanks.

*if you found this or any other answer useful, please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers*

0 Kudos
pikepeak
Contributor
Contributor

This has no effect .... old pluggins cannot be completely uninstalled.

for example, app speed pluggin install appaer, after APP Speed had been completely removed ( same for update manager )

For my server remame problem, the thing is, I have restored the sql database after à clean install of a clean new server with a diffrent name, everything running fine after restoring the database from the old server, exept the links to the old server in the page 'server health ... " pointing tothe name of the old server, same for pluggin install.

In VC, I have tried many things ... last attempt was ti edit manually SQL database to update value of the server name with new server .... no success ( all dbo.VP_EX_xxx )

Finally i have re installed my vCenter to another server clean new server, re created the cluster, and attach my esx server -> this took me less time ( 45 mn ) .

0 Kudos