VMware Cloud Community
ben-groundspeak
Contributor
Contributor

error 26002. Setup failed to register VMware vCenter Server to VMware vCenter Inventory Service

Has anyone seen this error when upgrading vCenter Server from 5.0 to 5.1?

The install process for Single Sign On and Inventory Service appeared to complete successfully, but we see this error when we are most of the way through the vCenter Server install.

The vim-vcs-msi.log has these entries:

MSI (s) (A4:58) [17:27:07:017]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID278.tmp, Entrypoint: VMRegisterWithIS

Error 26002.Setup failed to register VMware vCenter Server to VMware vCenter Inventory Service

MSI (s) (A4!54) [17:40:46:024]: Product: VMware vCenter Server -- Error 26002.Setup failed to register VMware vCenter Server to VMware vCenter Inventory Service

CustomAction VM_RegisterWithIS returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Action ended 17:40:46: InstallExecute. Return value 3.

23 Replies
mrmohsen
Contributor
Contributor

hi

problem resolved with siairani topic

thanks

0 Kudos
MSWEBS
Contributor
Contributor

Just installing the "RSA Identity and Access toolkit Root CA" as DSeaman mentioned worked for me. However, I installed it to the Trusted CA store.

0 Kudos
AxelGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Problem solved with rvp1001 topic, but just installing rui.crt.

vcenter 5.1u2.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
pavitb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In case someone is still facing this error, the following fixed the issue for me:

http://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0000941

Pavit

0 Kudos