VMware Cloud Community
algaspar
Contributor
Contributor

eToken authentication with vCenter console

We are running ESXi 5.5 and the latest version of vCenter.  We use SafeNet eTokens for two factor authentication to our servers.  I can launch a thick or thin client from my desktop directly to our vCenter server with my eToken, and if I want to connect to a VM's console, I can connect the eToken to that VM's USB controller and login with my eToken credentials.  On the other hand, we have a number of plugins and tools for vCenter on our vCenter server; so I usually remote into our vCenter server and launch my client connection to vCenter from there.  When I do that, I can connect to the eToken USB (I see it connecting in the VM's vmware.log), but when I try to actually log in from the console, it shows the card as not being inserted or having invalid credentials (which error depends on whether I use Remote Desktop or DameWare to connect).  We also use a smart card for standard (non-administrative) logins, and when using RDP, its credentials work properly in the same scenario.  Does anyone know of a way to get the SafeNet eToken to work when logging into a VM from a vCenter console?

Thanks for any ideas--

Al

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies