VMware Cloud Community
BryanMcC
Expert
Expert

dvPort event messages with Provisioning Server

When running provisioning services using VMs as the target for vDisk streaming we are constantly receiving these messages even with the machines shut down.

The dvPort <xxx> was not in passthrough mode in the vSphere Distributed Switch
The dvPort <xxx> was down in the vSphere Distributed Switch
The dvPort <xxx> was up in the vSphere Distributed Switch
The dvPort <xxx> was unblocked vSphere Distributed Switch.

Only way we can silence them is to remove the nic from the machine.

We are engaging Citrix but figured I would post on this issue to see if I get any bites.

Help me help you by scoring points.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
arosenau
Contributor
Contributor

Bryan,

Have you had any resolution to this? We are experiencing the exact same issue. I have a ticket open with vmWare but haven't gotten anything resolved. You can see my post in the Citrix forums and the same  issue others are having here http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1642721

Let me know if you have figured anything out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BryanMcC
Expert
Expert

We are now in the processes of engaging VKMware through one of its partners. We did not have much luck with Citrix PS but we are attempting to have them replicate the issue.

I will post back as soon as I hear something.

Help me help you by scoring points.
0 Kudos
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

did you find a solution or the root cause?

we have the same problem with Exchange 2010 mailbox server VMs (in a DAG)

regards,

daniel

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh

i found this could happened when there is snapshot creation and deletion and consolidation. it's just only less than 1 sec may be some milli secs due to hard disk change between snapshot to original disk or original disk to snapshot disk . if it is more than 1 sec,  then there is a chance for server heart beat failure.

0 Kudos
DatLuckysob
Contributor
Contributor

Check your vmkernel.log for Heap warnings.  If your having them you may be having a bootstrap configuration issue, identified here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX131993

0 Kudos