VMware Cloud Community
willrodbard
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

download "VMware Update Manager" ?

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can download a new copy of VMware Update Manager for Virtual Center 2.5, I was looking at it yesterday and trying to resolve the "running out of space" error messages and i think my boss has kindly resolved the problem by uninstalling it from the server using windows add\remove. I would really like this feature back.

Can I just modify my original installation of Virtual Center or can I pull a fresh copy from somewhere?

cheers

Will.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SandyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

look on the Virtual Center install CD or downloaded zip, its in the umds folder file called VMware-umds.exe the download service installer is in the same folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_S_UK
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I don't think it is a separate download....I would imagine you can just add it back in in the same way as it was removed.

Have you ensured you have the latest version of VC (think it's still 64201)?

Chris

0 Kudos
willrodbard
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Cheers Chris,

We are using version 2.5.0 build 64192 version of Infrastructure Client and the update manager was downloaded and installed using the Plugin Manager, but ti is no longer available as an option. I have tried re-installing the client but to no avail, I have also had a quick browse to the virtual center directory on C: and there is no longer an Update Manager directory there which is why I think it was removed using the windows add\remove function rather than just removing in V I client.

cheers though :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
SandyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

look on the Virtual Center install CD or downloaded zip, its in the umds folder file called VMware-umds.exe the download service installer is in the same folder.

0 Kudos
willrodbard
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks SandyB, don't know why i didn't think to look there in the 1st place, duh! Smiley Happy

W.

0 Kudos
willrodbard
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi SandyB

I did re-install the update manager software as suggested and it installed fine, however the plugin is still not listed and an error popr up now for some of the VCI client users when they fire it up stating the it couln't connect the the update manager server??

I have attached 3 screen dumps of the plugin manager window just to show you what I mean, it's weird that it still lists the update manager plugin in image 2 as being installed but not in image 1 and when you try to click on "enabled" it throws up the error in image 3

Any ideas?

Cheers

Will.

0 Kudos