VMware Cloud Community
bhefer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

download link for vCenter Server Appliance (Linux)

Hi,

I have the following situation: we bought this week VMware for our internal servers and would like to administer the VMs with Linux (and only with Linux).

I downloaded VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-5.1.0.10000-1065184_OVF10.ova and imported this virtual machine. I can now administer all our virtual machines within a browser running on a linux client.

This virtual machine is running SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (64-bit) and I would like to download these install packages to build up a dedicated linux server (vShpere Web Client Version 5.1.0 Build 1063329, Client-Integrations-Plug-Ins: VMRC Version 5.1.0 Build 1060398 and Client Support-Version 5.1.0 Build 832030)

I downloaded today tons of ISOs and OVF from VMware but found nothing to install on a dedicated Linux server (except these guest tools).

Can someone post a link or give me a hint where to download or in which ISO it is?

And another question is: is it possible to install

Thank

Bernd

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Linux version of vCenter Server is only available as the Virtual Appliance you downloaded and not as a separate installation package like the Windows version.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Linux version of vCenter Server is only available as the Virtual Appliance you downloaded and not as a separate installation package like the Windows version.

André

0 Kudos