VMware Cloud Community
TedH256
Expert
Expert

domain controller down - hosts disconnected - how to recover vCenter functioning?

"disconnected from host: cannot verify SSL Thumbprint. There was an error unconfiguring vSphere HA agent on this host. To solve this problem connect the host to a vCenter server of version 5.0 or later"

huh?

A backup DC is available in the environment - but until FSMO roles get moved over - is there anything we can do to get this vCenter connected to the hosts again?

Obvisously for now we are managing the hosts by direct connecting the vSphere client ...

vSphere 5.0 u1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emma234
Contributor
Contributor

Hello TedH256,

Welcome to the communites.

But you dint mentioned current version you are using, Could you please share that one ?.

"He Conquers, Who Conquers Himself".
0 Kudos
ETastic
Contributor
Contributor

Can you still connect to vcenter and are the hosts listed there as disconnected?

If possible, can you remove the hosts from vcenter then re-add them?

0 Kudos
StoneLund
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Really old thread but i have the exact same problem. We have replaced one of our domain controller, and we moved the roles temporary. During the process of replacing the domain controller, the vcenter server lost contact with a couple of the hosts. When i try to reconnect them i get the "Authenticity of the host´s SSL certificate is not verified".

I can can remove and rejoin the host to the vcenter, but since we are using dvSwitch its not prefferable. (need to manually add the host to the vcenter dvswitch).

Is there some solution to this problem? The hosts are running fine, but vcenter cannot connect.

0 Kudos