VMware Cloud Community
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

default vcenter 5.1 server registration problem

Hello Guys;

I don't know which smart guy has contrived vcenter 5.1 sso thing but I'm sure all vmware admins are appreciated to him/her and praying for him/her every day even every hour regularly...

Well, after hours I was able to install vcenter by a way. Actually I couldn't have installed; I was just able to accomplish "simple install". Because my purpose is not to build a career on "vmware sso thing". Now the order is to have a runing vcenter web interface but I think it's a another adventure too...

My system is so simple and I am not trying to have a special configuration. All I want is to have runing vcenter 5.1 web-interface right now. I'm using Win2008R2 x64 and MS Sql Srv 2008 R2 x64. My vcenter is "simple install". Everything is so plain, isn't it?

My web client server installation was accomplished succesfully. Now I'm trying register my vcenter server 5.1 by using admin-app thing.

Here my problems;

1) https://vcenter.mydomain.lan/admin-app can be displayed sometimes, it can not be sometimes. It depends on the mood of the server.

2) When I catch it while it's running; I am trying to register vcenter. I enter the recommended information and it thinks for a while and displays the following error message;

faultCode:Client.Error.MessageSend faultString:'Send failed' faultDetail:'Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500: url: 'https://127.0.0.1:9443/admin-app/messagebroker/amfsecure''

Am I missing something? I'm using "VMware-VIMSetup-all-5.1.0-880471.iso" . Is it a working set of installation binary or should I use newer installation set?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

Additional information:

1) When I attempt to register by using scripts, It reacts like that;

PS C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\scripts>
PS C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\scripts> .\register-sso.bat https://vcenter.mydomain.lan:9443
/vsphere-client 192.168.2.9 administrator MyComplexP@ssw0rd
Intializing registration provider...
Unexpected status code: 302
Unexpected status code: 302
Return code is: ServiceNotResponding

2) When I attempt to register by using web interface, it reacts as attached. Please look at the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

Thank you for your message. I am currently out of the office and will return Mar 25, 2013. During this time my email responses will be delayed.

For support related issues please contact the IT Service Desk servicedesk@camhydro.com or x2700.

Thank you

Heath

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
Tirelibirefe
Contributor
Contributor

I should add more information;

I removed "web client server" and re-installed it by using newer installation set which is VMware-VIMSetup-all-5.1.0-947939.iso and nothing changed. It looks like VMware-VIMSetup-all-5.1.0-947939.iso is not working as default too.

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

Thank you for your message. I am currently out of the office and will return Mar 25, 2013. I will respond upon my return.

For support related issues please contact the IT Service Desk servicedesk@camhydro.com or x2700.

Thank you

Heath

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos