VMware Cloud Community
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor

ctrl + alt + ins not working in VC for one user

Hi,

We've had VC 2.0.2 up and running for a while now. Everything has been running smoothly but now one of my administrators can't use ctrl + alt + ins in the console windows. Nothing happens when he presses it. I have verified that it works for me, and I've even been to his desk to make sure he wasn't doing anything wrong. I've given him a new keyboard, and a new profile on the VC server, but the problem persists.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why this is happening?

Cheers

Graeme

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

at his desk did you try to login in as yourself and did it work then? If it worked I would look at his permission if it did not work - If it is only happening on one workstation - I would try reinstalling the VI Client -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I should have given more details in the original call.

The virtual center is installed on a server which we connect to through RDP. We do not have the client installed on any workstations - just on that server. Other users connecting to the server do not experience any problems.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

You can always use right-click send ctrl-alt-del to get the login window. Otherwise, are you sure the mouse is inside the console window and clicked in, before you try the ctrlaltins ?

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
GROSBST
Contributor
Contributor

Workaround given is an acceptable solution. Been through all tests I can think of but user still experiences problems.

0 Kudos
Trinergy
Contributor
Contributor

With RDP sessions, make sure that the keyboard is set to "apply windows key combinations on remote computer" - find it under:

RDP - options - local resources.

0 Kudos