VMware Cloud Community
gboskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

connecting to 2 VCenter at once !!!

silly question ...we have 3 vcenters and was wondering if there was some kind of application out there whereby i can connect to all the three vcenter at same timne

0 Kudos
4 Replies
benma
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Take a look here: http://communities.vmware.com/community/beta/vcadminportal

I don't know whats possible with vSphere.

Maybe a beta user can help out.

0 Kudos
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

Unfortunatly there is no tool for this in VI3.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Unfortunately, there are people out there using multiple vCenter server instances for large environment, so the VCAP is the solution for this but it still in beta and not sure when the release date is but testing it looks promising. I don't think vSphere 4.0 integrated VCAP yet, since the product itself is not completely released everything is in beta and vSphere expected to be GA on May 21st, 2009 so it would be a while.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

as others have stated, as of today you have to launch the VIC for each instance you need to connect to. You may want to take a look at vCenter Admin Portal which will give you access to multiple instances and the ability to some some basic administration of the VM's.

0 Kudos