VMware Cloud Community
manuaragones
Contributor
Contributor

can't see folder using datastore browser for a LUN

Using datastore browser, I cannot see any of the folders that are inside of a LUN shared across 3 ESX 3.5 nodes. I only see the files when using SCP by listing the vmsf folder. This doesn't create any issues at this point as vmotion and other functions work but it is a concern.

Current environment: 3 hosts: - HP Proliant DL 380 G5 - X5460 Intel (3.166GHz) 8 cores per host - 16 GB Ram per host
0 Kudos
4 Replies
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Could you browse the Datastore using Web Access?

Perhaps you are using user account which prevent you from browsing the datastore?

System Engineer

Zen Systems Sdn Bhd

Malaysia

http://www.no-x.org
0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

Is it a specific datastore, or all datastores......login as administrator and see if it helps.

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
manuaragones
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can browse the datastore using WebAccess. All folders and files are displayed. Only when i use the VI, it shows up empty for our LUN. I'm able to browse local datastore fine also.

Current environment: 3 hosts: - HP Proliant DL 380 G5 - X5460 Intel (3.166GHz) 8 cores per host - 16 GB Ram per host
0 Kudos
manuaragones
Contributor
Contributor

I tried login as the admin, no folders and\or files are displayed. I also tried connecting directly to the host and using root credentials. No luck.

0 Kudos