VMware Cloud Community
Jaco_B
Contributor
Contributor

black console screen in vCenter

hi there,

I Have this strange problem in vCenter. When a VM starts and i open the console screen it is all black. But when i open the console tab it shows the starting screen of my VM.

I'm using vCenter 2.5 U3 with ESX3.5U3 with all latest patches installed.

The network is a flat network with one subnet. DNS is running fine.

does anyone have an idea cause i'm out op options.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

Could you able to telnet the port 902?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

It means the boot device for the VM is not specified properly...if u see it clearly you will see a cursor blinking...

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

0 Kudos
dm330
Contributor
Contributor

what os is running on that vm ?

does the problem occur on every vm ?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Jaco_B
Contributor
Contributor

There is no cursor blinking.

the vm starts normally, only the console windows stays black. the console tab in vi-client works fine.

It's a windows 2008 VM. At this time its the only VM in the environment, we've just finished setting it up.

0 Kudos