VMware Cloud Community
uehguaglio
Contributor
Contributor

automate the procedure of Export List

Hi,

I need to automate the procedure of "Export List" by command line.

Does it exists a command that can perform this? Otherwise there are others solutions?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello,

You should have a look at the SDK here: http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vc-sdk/

0 Kudos
dwchan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can anyone comment on after the VC was upgrade to 2.0.2, is there any issue or impact with VCB 1.0.2? I just want to make sure VC 2.0.2 is compatible with VCB 1.0.2 (don't want to impact our make-up)

In addition, we are current still using SQL 2000, but dba want us to upgrade to SQL 2005 asap. Would one recommend upgrade the database from 2000 to 2005 before the the VC upgrade, or upgrade VC from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 first, then upgrade the database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005

dwc

0 Kudos
uehguaglio
Contributor
Contributor

tnk you Virtual

now do you know if somebody has already written a script java for exporting settings? I don't understand why they deleted the vmkusage over the esx servers, i founded it so useful...

byez

0 Kudos
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No, not sure. A quick solution may be to put together a SQL query that lists all virtual machines and the properties you are interested in.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you're familar with perl, you may want to look at the viperltoolkit. There's even a Virtual Appliance for it, and it includes scripts that for example list all VM's in a particular data center.

I use it for automating reports on all VMs with CD's mounted, what VMs have snapshots, etc. Standard maintenance stuff that Virtual Center lacks easy reports for.

Regards,

J

0 Kudos