VMware Cloud Community
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

alarms in VM

hello guys,

I have a problem here, what happens is that one of my Hots failed and so did the HA put the icon of my VM's are with signal alarms, put an eye on the VM tab alarms do not appear any alarm, I've tried restarting the service vCenter put some and after a few moments reappears randomly distributed, does anyone have any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

are you using vDR to backup your VMs?  If so, check vDR for any errors.  If not, try and disable HA and then enable HA on the cluster again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try disabling the alarm, and then enabling it again at the vCenter object level.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but still nothing had tried before the cluster level, I tried again the level of VM's but it did not work, any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i'm not quite sure I understand the question.  Can you post a screenshot?

0 Kudos
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy Clavell,

Alarms tab of each VM does not show me any alarm, but the icon of VM appears as though alarm, I hope I have explained better now. =D

thank you!

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

are there any triggered alarms at the vCenter or Cluster level that you can acknowledge and reset to green?

0 Kudos
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

no alarm level cluster or vCenter, when I restart the service vCenter alarm indication disappears and appears again shortly.

Thanks again for the help

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

are you using vDR to backup your VMs?  If so, check vDR for any errors.  If not, try and disable HA and then enable HA on the cluster again.

0 Kudos
gajuambi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

check if it is happening with the VMs of just 1 host or many hosts?
If it is just one host then right click>disconnect>reconnect will do the trick
if that is not helping then right click>disconnect>remove and then add it back to the cluster
[NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THE VMS INSIDE THAT HOST DONT WORRY Smiley Happy]

If it is happening on VMs of all hosts then it is a problem with the vcenter.

If it is happening only on VMs of few hosts then find out whats common to all these hosts and that should point u in the right direction. Also check for the availability of the free disk space for these VMs

---------------------- Gajendra D Ambi [pardon my chat lingo]
0 Kudos
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes I'm using VDR to backup the VM's but there is no errors, had already turned off and the HA of my cluster more without success, this morning I did the following: have disabled the service HA restarted services vCenter Server and I enabled HA again, disappeared some mistakes but not all, any news post here for information.

thank you

0 Kudos
marcelofs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,
already checked if there was anything in common with the VM's that were showing the error, but I got nothing, this morning I did some procedures and now all VM's with error are on the same host will be disconnecting and connecting the host and post the result.

Thank you!

0 Kudos