VMware Cloud Community
slanger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Task Manager Access from Virtual Center

Ok please don't laugh, because I know this is alot to ask but I have found other really cool VIC plugins through these forums...

What happens fairly often in our windows environment (and im guessing everyone elses too) is that I will get an alarm that a VM has been chewing up CPU resources or running away with memory... and it isusually due to a runaway process that I must log into the console and then look at Windows Tak Manager to review. At that point I usually just reboot the box, or perhaps try to kill the task from Task Manager, depending on what machine and application it is. But I hate having to log into the windows environment just to get this interaction.

What I want is a way to view Windows Task Manager data or somehow see process memory and CPU usage inside of a Windows VM through the virtual Center interface without having to log into the VM (which sometimes is next to impossible when it is at 100% CPU usage)

Any ideas? is something like this available? maybe a thrid party process monitor (like Sysinternals process monitor, yea right!, wouldnt that be nice!)that has a plugin interface for VIC.

TYIA -Scott

0 Kudos
0 Replies