VMware Cloud Community
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Customization Resources Not Found on the Server

Okay, this is driving me crazy. After about a half hour of googling, I found this:

I have done everything in the .pdf, and I still can't customize a vm from a template. I get the top option, :Do not Customize Virtual Machine, but the other two are greyed out. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jjohnston1127
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You need to install the Microsoft Windows sysprep files on the Virtual Center server for each operating system that you are trying to customize.

With the new version of Virtual Center, 2.5, you need to make sure you have all of hte updated sysprep files installed. You can obtain them from Microsoft by searching Windows <OS version> sysprep

0 Kudos
jjohnston1127
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Also in that document, things changed with the newer versions of VC. You need to create a folder for each OS version:

Name: xp, svr2003, svr2003-64

Then put the sysprep files in there. If they are working out of the 1.1 directory it will not work.

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have them in the XP directory. Still no go.

0 Kudos
jjohnston1127
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try restarting the VC service. I'm not saying this will work, but it's worth a shot.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Which XP sysprep files did you place in the directory? I remember having trouble with this and I ended up extracting the contents of the XP deploy.cab into the XP directory. I haven't had a problem since.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deloy.cab didn't work, nor did a restart. I am calling platinum support.

0 Kudos