VMware Cloud Community
Noyzyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where are the customization specification stored in VirtualCenter 2.0.2?

Hi all,

Does anyone know where the customization specifications are stored in VirtualCenter 2.0.2? We recently moved VC to a new server and the guy who did the work forgot to export the specifications from the old server. I can no longer run up VC on the old server as the new VC server is using the same SQL server database. If possible I would like to bring the old specifications into the new VC server.

Cheers,

Richard

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

The customization specifications are stored in the body column of the table VPX_CUSTOMIZATION_SPEC in your VirtualCenter DB. You can copy the contents of the column into a text editor and then save the output as a XML file for easier reading.

If you do use query analyzer to query the database, you'll want to go to Tools\Options and then increase the "maximum characters per column" value (the max is 8192). Otherwise the default of 256 won't show everything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

The customization specifications are stored in the body column of the table VPX_CUSTOMIZATION_SPEC in your VirtualCenter DB. You can copy the contents of the column into a text editor and then save the output as a XML file for easier reading.

If you do use query analyzer to query the database, you'll want to go to Tools\Options and then increase the "maximum characters per column" value (the max is 8192). Otherwise the default of 256 won't show everything.

0 Kudos
Noyzyboy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the fast and correct response. Points awarded Smiley Happy

Unfonrtunately, the old databsae is no more so looks like I'll have to start again and recreate the old specifications. Now where did I store all those license keys... Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Rich

0 Kudos