VMware Cloud Community
BDS__Vince
Contributor
Contributor

When can we expect support for Internet Explorer 11????

VMware, this is getting RIDICULOUS!
When will IE 11 be supported?  IE 11 was released over 1 year ago!

We are rolling out Windows 8.1 and there is no option to install IE 10.

VMware has released 9 product patches for ESXi 5.5 since IE 11 was released.  That's 9 missed opportunities to support IE 11.

If you aren't going to support IE 11 then please bring the C# client up to date.

We are actively evaluating Hyper-V as an alternative due to lack of product support.

Why pay license and maintenance fees to someone who won't fix the problems we're having?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
COS
Expert
Expert

I agree. This is insanely ridiculous. I have the same issue on a brand new deployment and the dang console just spins and spins.

Here's my thread: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/496318

FireFox & Chrome work but we need IE to work as it's the "Supported Browser" in our infrastructure.

We have an insane cost investment in the product. I think I'll stealthily and silently evaluate Hyper-V in the background to see if cost is less with that product on 6 hosts with a SAN.

0 Kudos
BenLiebowitz
Expert
Expert

See, I would rather run in Chrome or Firefox over IE because of issues everything seems to have running in IE.  VMware's web client isn't the only one. 

In IT, you need to have multiple browsers installed on your PC for cases where something works in one and not in the other, etc. 

I'm not sure when they'll release support for IE11, but until they do, at least there are other browsers that can be used.  Smiley Happy

Ben Liebowitz, VCP vExpert 2015, 2016, & 2017 If you found my post helpful, please mark it as helpful or answered to award points.
0 Kudos
BDS__Vince
Contributor
Contributor

Our department standard is Internet Explorer 11.  That means the "other" browsers are not an option.

I'd rather use the C# (full) client but they've abandoned development on it.

They fixed the NFS storage bug quickly, they should be able to add IE 11 support just as quickly.

0 Kudos