VMware Cloud Community
scerazy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Webaccess & Power Users

If I log in to webaccess as administrator I have all the available options for VM (start/stop/reset)

If I do it as Power User, I can NOT even see the VMs

How shall it be configured?

Thanks

Seb

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

From VI client, select the VM you want to view via web access and click on "permission" tab and make sure the User ID that it shows under User/Group and Role such as Virtual Machine Power User. If not, just add the user ID to that VM object.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

From VI client, select the VM you want to view via web access and click on "permission" tab and make sure the User ID that it shows under User/Group and Role such as Virtual Machine Power User. If not, just add the user ID to that VM object.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
scerazy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sadly this works ONLY if the rights are assigned to:

VM itself, Datacenter, Cluster or folder NOT Resource Pools

This was my problem, had to move the rights from RP to folder

Thanks

Seb

0 Kudos