VMware Cloud Community
Jstew75
Contributor
Contributor

Web UI / Flash issue?

just recently I have been having difficulty loading the vCenter webui interface on vCenter 5.5u3 and 6.0u2 interfaces.   I am running Windows 10,  Firefox 52.0, and Flash 24.0.0.221 

What happens is I go to the https://172.x.x.x:9443/vsphere-client/ address, the blue vmware background shows and the word vmware displays the "loading" white area just through the letter "v" and then hangs...   If I click my mouse button it will continue to "load" and eventually bring me to the login page, which is extremely laggy.  If I do manage to get logged in, it still continues extremely laggy.  I have cleared my browser cache, same problem.  Reinstalled Flash,  same problem.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wilber8222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Probably you can try increase cache of Flash Player. Just google how to do it.

0 Kudos
Jstew75
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry this has had no effect....

0 Kudos
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware hasn't quite got the web client 100%. I experience similar symptoms in both our 5.5 and 6.0 environments. I've used all the major browsers with mixed results. Basically just hit "refresh" and try again. We recently got a brand new 6.0 converged system, does the same issues with web client. I setup a lab at home and got the same results in various degrees of annoyance. Went to a VMware class, SAME issues on their systems.

I made the leap from "thick" client to "web client" about 3 months ago. Its been painful but it was necessary since the thick client is officially dead.

HTML 5 web client is where its at. I can't wait to get there.

0 Kudos