VMware Cloud Community
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We only get 1 week statistical data ?

We just upgrade VC Server to Release 2.0.2 Update 1. When we take a look of the statistical data for ESX Hosts and VMs, we find that we only get the data between 24/10/2007 to today (Seems to be only 7 days).

We are using SQL Server 2000 as backend database. We would like to know would it be any setting we have chosen so that we keep only 1 week's data ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mstahl75
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you upgrade a week ago? I know you said you just upgraded but thought I would verify. If you did, it is possible you chose to overwrite the DB settings at that time.

If that is not the case then it is likely you were hit by the stats rollup bug in the earlier versions of VC. There are a lot of topics on the issue on the boards. Basically, you end up with either spotty or truncated stats. That seems to have been fixed completely in 2.0.2 last I checked :smileygrin: . I can't recall if was finally fixed in 2.0.1 in a patch (patch 2 maybe) or if it was just in 2.0.2.

TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

It should be we upgrade to VC 2.0.2 Update 1 yesterday (not 1 week before). We are using VC 2.0.2 before. Maybe, we haven't checked the statistics lately and not aware of the problem.

I ask the quesion as I feel strange as it keeps 1 week's info (If all has been erased, I am sure that I have chosen overwrite option during the upgrade).

Thanks again !

0 Kudos