VMware Cloud Community
cd1
Contributor
Contributor

Vshere client

Hello All,

I wanted to see if someone can shed some light and help me out a little as to if this can be done or not.. I currently have vshpere 5i with vcenter 5 running with web interface running. I would like to dissable vsphere local desktop client log in for users that access this and leave it open to the admins. I want the users who access the vcenter to go thru the web.

Is there any way i can dissable access for VI cleint to access vcenter server from the local desktop client.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - you can uninstall the vSphere client from the vCenter Desktop and set up permissions within vCenter forcing users to use their own credentials to access the vCenter environment.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You could use a GPO to set the permissions on the folder that contains the vSphere Client so that only admins have read / execute.

There is no simple on/off button within vCenter to disable client access and force web access.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos