VMware Cloud Community
LalitPachani
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware -ESENT(48282)

I have received an error

ntevl:ESENT (482 - General): Directory (1120) An attempt to write to the file "\\?\Volume{0c788ce3-c42a-11e5-8e64-005056af0000}\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\VMwareVCMSDS\edb.log" at offset 8014336 (0x00000000007a4a00) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes failed after 0 seconds with system error 19 (0x00000013): "The media is write protected. ". The write operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8). If this error persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.

Can any one help me to find resolution for this error ?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌More information is needed - what are you trying to do that's failing and generating this error?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator note: As this is a technical matter with a product, I've moved this thread to the vCenter Server area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos